ON-LINE REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED
At-the-Door Registration begins Thursday, March 13 at 12noon
2nd floor Registration at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
We have no cut off for at-the-door registration – if you come we will register you!
Howdy from Big D!
The members of the Dallas Bears invite y’all to join us March 13-16, 2014 for Texas Bear Round-Up 19 – Cowboys and Bears.
Save a Cowboy and Ride a Bear! A fun weekend where Cowboy butts will drive you nuts and the Bears are all friendly. Come join us for our Annual Bear Reunion March 13-16, 2014 in Dallas, Texas.
We have a great weekend planned with entertainment, food, activities, contest, and transportation to all our events and bars, our world famous hospitality room and of course eighteen hundred plus bears, cubs, admirers and more!
Each year our small group of volunteers works hard to plan a great event so that your time here in Dallas is fun and exciting. We work just as hard to keep our costs down in order to keep the cost down for You to attend. Through volunteers, donations and sponsorships we continue to be able to provide one of the best packages at one of the lowest prices on the circuit. At the same time our event is a “Party with a Purpose”. While you are having a good time remember we are also doing some good work in our communities. Our three beneficiaries this year are Greg Dollgener Memorial AIDS Fund, AIDS Outreach Center of Ft. Worth and the Resource Center. After TBRU 18 we were able to give $69,000 to our three beneficiaries. This year we will strive to continue to give the most back to the community as possible. We are excited to let you know that the Internal Revenue Service has granted us 501(c)(3) tax deductible status. Your donations to us are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Each year we ask for your feedback and comments. You ask for things each year and we do our best to respond, of course there are some things that we cannot do in respect to Texas laws, City ordinances and State liquor laws, etc… Thank you for your constructive feedback and suggestions. I am pleased to let you know about the following improvements we are offering you.
• Two Host Hotels – we will experiment with offering activities at two locations (more to come on that)
• Tasty Dinner Event with Entertainment by Gay Bear Country and Western Star – Drake Jensen and the Band
• Diverse Choices and New Choices in Overflow Hotels
• Additional Pool Parties Indoor and Outdoor
• Three Spa Excursions with Improved Arrival and Departure
• A Sunday Early Evening Spa Excursion
• Late Night Food Trucks
• Local Brewery, City Excursion
• Sixth Floor Museum, City Excursion
• Historic Ft. Worth Stockyards, City Excursion
• Return of the Bear Dance Partnership
• Dedicated, Continuous Shuttle Service between Host Hotels and Overflow Hotels
• Transportation to All Events and Generous Transportation to Local Destinations
• Dirty Bear Bingo – New!
• Coffee and Chill Lounge (a more intimate social place and alcohol-free zone)
• Largest Hospitality Room on the Circuit
… and more!
Get your Cowboys and Bears costume ready for Thursday night’s Kick-Off Party! We will have a Costume Contest, Food and more. Of course, there will be fabulous prizes for the contest… also some of the bars may sponsor contests as well, so keep those costumes handy. Get ready for the Mr. TBRU Contest on Saturday as we show off our Bears, Cubs and Admirers. This year the contest is being held in the ballroom of the Crowne Plaza hotel.
Make your travel arrangements, register for TBRU, make your hotel reservations and we will see you in Dallas!
President, Dallas Bears